Add artistry to your home by furnishing your bathroom, kitchen or other living spaces with luxurious porcelain tile designs from our exquisite collection of porcelain tile. We represent some of the finest companies in the industry.
What Porcelain Tile?
Porcelain tile is made of refined clay and other natural elements. After being kiln-fired, the tiles are either left in their natural state or transformed to look like stone, wood, concrete, or other materials. The clay-based construction makes porcelain tile a subtype of ceramic tiles; however, porcelain tile has a hardier construction and greater durability than non-porcelain ceramic tile varieties. Homeowners can choose either glazed and unglazed porcelain tiles. Unglazed, or full-bodied, tiles have color running through the entire thickness (as opposed to a glaze placed on the top), making them longer lasting and more resistant to chipping.
Porcelain Tile Upkeep and Maintenance
Porcelain is very forgiving when it comes to spills and scratches; it’s hard to damage and relatively simple to keep clean. Sweep and vacuum porcelain tile once or twice per week, depending on how much traffic it experiences. Once a month, use a vinegar-and-water solution or tile-friendly commercial cleanser to banish dirt and day-to-day build-up. If you have glazed tile, use a mop. If you have unglazed or textured tile, rely on scrub with a soft-bristle brush instead. Take care to avoid using oil-based products, waxes, abrasive scrubbers, and anything containing bleach or ammonia. Follow up with a hot water rinse, and dry thoroughly with a towel or microfiber cloth.
With a wide selection of colors, textures, and sizes in rustic, refined, and casual looks, porcelain tile is perfect for all kinds of interior applications.
- Dirt Resistance Porcelain tiles do not retain dust or residues as easily as many other flooring surfaces. They can be easily cleaned with common household materials. Additionally, they do not need polishing or buffing to maintain their finish. A day-to-day cleaning procedure retains the look of the finish and shine on this type of flooring.
- Stain Resistance The stain resistance of porcelain tile is very high. Porcelain tiles resist all types of stains and can be cleaned easily with some guidance.
- Slip/Skid Resistance One practical consideration is the level of slip resistance your tile floor requires. Slip resistance involves two factors – your tile floor’s likely exposure to spills, and your environmental requirements. The more your floor will be exposed to spills, the higher your need is for a slip-resistant floor tile. Also, homes with younger children, disabled or elderly people need to have floor tiles with slip resistant characteristics.
Color and Style
- Color Permanence Because color goes through the entire tile, fading does not occur. The colors in porcelain tiles do not fade even if exposed to direct sunlight and its color-leaching UV rays. They remain permanently color fast.
- Style The world of porcelain tile is wide and spectacular, with a seemingly endless family of product choices and style options. Porcelain tile flooring and wall products are offered in a broad range of textures, patterns and sizes. When combined with a spectrum of grout and glaze options, they offer significant design options for any room in virtually any home style.
Liquid Resistance: The density of porcelain makes it more resistant to liquid penetration than other more porous types of ceramic. This can be increased through the application of a melted glass glaze, which will make any surface it is adhered to completely impervious to water.
Durable Porcelain Tile: These are some of the toughest flooring options available. Hard, dense, and solid, porcelain is resistant to most heavy impact stresses, and can even be used in commercial environments. In general, this material should be classified with a PEI rating of at least 5, making it suitable for high traffic spaces and heavy equipment use.
Stain Resistance : Another advantage of porcelain flooring is that it is naturally stain resistant. Being able to repel liquid penetration means that staining agents can’t easily penetrate down through the material dimensionally. When glazed this effect is even more dramatic, making it nearly impossible to discolor the surface of these tiles.
Choosing the perfect ceramic tile can be hard with so many choices available. Visit our showroom and we can walk you through the options.